Saturday, October 08, 2005

Wide Asleep and I'm Dreaming in Japanese

So this podcast is entirely made up of Japanese music. It's some really great stuff, a little bit of jazz, a little bit of electronica, a little bit of rock, some other stuff. You don't have to know a language to love it's music, and this is definitely one of those cases. I don't talk in this one, mostly because I didn't have time this week. Upon retrospect though, I should have done an intro in Japanese. I can't go back and re-do it now though. Maybe another time. Instead, you can have this:

Ninhongo no ongaku ga suki desu yo! Ii kikimasu. Arigatou gozaimasu.

MP3:Wide Asleep and I'm Dreaming in Japanese

00:00 - 04:58 Minmi - Shiki no Uta (Song of Seasons)
04:59 - 10:51 Chihiro Onitsuka - Borderline
10:52 - 15:54 Crystal Kay - Rettsu Suikadorobou (?)
10:55 - 20:30 Hitomi - Japanese Girl
20:31 - 24:15 Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Kimi no Machi Made (To Your Town)
24:16 - 29:17 Mr. Children - Nishi e Higashi e (West or East)
29:18 - 35:36 The Seatbelts - The Real Folk Blues
35:37 - 44:07 Supercar - Siren
44:08 - 48:19 Mina Kubota - Distant Mountain
48:20 - 54:36 Maaya Sakamoto - T Shaatsu
54:37 - 56:30 Hysteric Blue - Aoi Sora (Blue Sky)

I did my best to translate these titles for you. Rettsu Suikadorobou just goes over my head and I have no Idea what it means. I hope you enjoy this podcast :) come back next week. I'm already putting together my next one.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:43 PM  
Blogger brittany said...

I hate you people stop leaving fake comments on my site!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Yoruhana said...

"Rettsu Suikadorobou" roughly translates into "Let's Steal Some Watermelons"

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what does nihongo hanashimaska mean? How do I respond to this phrase?

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Might be more like: Nihongo o hanashimasu ka? Which is like do you speak japanese? As opposed to Nihongo o wakarimasu ka? Which is do you understand japanese? When first learning japanese you learn wakarimasu. Hanashimasu usually comes later. So I guess the subtlety in speaking versus understanding is something to be learned later. A response would be simply repeat what they ask without the "ka". Nihongo o wakarimasu. or in this case Nihongo o hanashimasu.

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Konnichiw@!

Listen!ng to 'Wide Asleep and I'm Dreaming in Japanese'

Good job @dm!n (*-*)
Arigato

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home