Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Wide Asleep and I'm Stationary

Have you guessed what the name of the podcast means yet? Try a little harder. Local music! Yay! Here's my chance to promo the little guys! Now when I say local, I am considering two places: Memphis, Tennessee (my home town) and Springfield, Missouri (My college town). Obviously there is a music scene in both places, and I just wouldn't be content if I didn't cover both of them.

Download the mp3: Wide Asleep and I'm Stationary

So with that having been said, here is the breakdown, with links to band webpages if they have them.

0:00 - 3:26 The Professional Americans - Guitars and Gasoline (Springfield, MO)
3:27 - 4:14 Me Babbling
4:15 - 7:49 Saint Priscilla - The West Coast(Springfield, MO)
7:50 - 11:21 Lyal Strickland - Ten (Springfield, MO)
11:22 - 12:16 Aj - Meiosis (Wilton, NH)
12:17 - 13:21 Me Babbling more
13:22 - 17:09 Cory Branan - Jolene (Memphis, TN)
17:10 - 21:20 Lucero - Tears Don't Matter Much (Memphis, TN)
21:21 - 24:53 The Glass - Smog Vs. Stars(Memphis, TN)
24:54 - 26:24 Me Babbling Even More
26:25 - 30:17 This Is Goodbye - The Cliche Life (Memphis, TN)
30:18 - 30:49 Aj - Mini the Walk (Wilton, NH)
30:50 - 33:47 Scandaliz Vandalistz - Yr 2 Kool (Memphis, TN)
33:48 - 36:26 Becca Bobango - Hair (Memphis, TN)
36:27 - 37:50 Me babbling one last time.
37:51 - 42:57 The Beautiful Losers - Gravity (Springfield, MO)
42:57 - 46:06 Bella Sun - Rise and Fall (Memphis, TN)

The first clip of me is a little quiet, but the rest of them are OK.

And there are so many bands I haven't even touched on. These are the ones I've heard the most, and are my favorites out of the ones I've found. Sadly, I'm not doing justice to the garage bands, but I hope everyone enjoys the podcast for what I was able to include. I hope that maybe this makes you go to a couple of shows, or buy a cd. Just enjoy.

PS: Cory Branan's got an evil streak, and a way with words that will bring you to your knees.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:42 AM  
Blogger the admiral said...

aggghhhhh you have no idea how GOOD it is to hear lucero!!!! i am missing so much music.... this is good times, i am enjoying it so far.

8:19 AM  
Blogger the admiral said...

aww SV is such a bedroom band. i love us! and that's not vanity. also i really like hearing becca, i don't ever listen to her stuff anymore and it feels like 10th grade to hear that.... so friendly and happy. uhh sorry i keep talking.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home